Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Maxxis Prototype Tire Testing: Radiale 3C

Being in the cycling industry is such an amazing thrill for me. You meet awesome people, go to great events, and score sweet deals from time to time. Such is the case with my relationship with Maxxis tires.

I'm fortunate enough to be one of the tire testers for Maxxis tires. When the designers and engineers at Maxxis need to test their latest tire design or rubber compound, they throw tires at us and we ride them as often as we can. This time around, I will be testing the Radiale 23c from their road racing line. We usually test for about 8 weeks, and it is my job to put as many miles on the test tires as I can. At the end of the testing, I will report back to the engineers at Maxxis. While the final weight of the tire may vary slightly, my tires weighed in at 240 grams and 250 grams.

I will be putting the first miles on the tires today, but before they hit the tarmac, here is a photo for your viewing pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment