Friday, July 8, 2011

Vive le Tour. Bikes, bikes, and more bikes.

Alrighty folks. From now until July 24, it's all bicycle related posts. The 2011 Tour de France is happening right now, and this is as close as I am going to get to it this year. This is serious. Heck, I might even have to throw a special Saturday or Sunday post in there. Apologies up front if you aren't a big bike fan. Hopefully you are a photography fan and can enjoy regardless of the content.

I am going to mix in a bunch of pictures from my "Tour de Georgia" days. You know, back when we all were Floyd Landis fans? Yea, the old school southern tour. Along with Floyd, you will see pictures of:

-Lance Armstrong (2005)
-Phil Liggett
-Bob Roll
-Dave Zabriskie
-Viatcheslav Ekimov
-Yaroslav Popovych

For starters, I'm going to throw a shot my Explorer and my bike in there. If I am ever going to get the chance for an Explorer viewing, now is that chance. Now to turn the attention to the bike on top. My road bike at the time was a steel 2003 Marin San Marino. It was my first road bike, and I put 11,000 miles on her before I went carbon. Anyway, this photo was taken the night before the Brasstown Bald stage of the 2006 tour. I was looking for a place to camp/sleep in the back of the Explorer.








No comments:

Post a Comment